Monday, December 18, 2006

Proud Moments

As parents quite frequently we all have proud moments when our children do something good. At parent teacher meetings, Ethan's teacher had only great things to say including that he was her perfect student. That made me proud. When he got his next belt in taekwon-do, that made me proud. When he finally stood up on his skates by himself this week, that made me proud. However it was the journey to the arena that made me the most proud of my son.
For those of you that don't know, lately Ethan has been taking a notice to his appearance. His clothes always have to match and his hair just so. He says that if he doesn't the kids at school will laugh at him. So every day Ethan looks very well groomed before going to school.
Last Wednesday I met his class at the arena for an afternoon of skating. The children all walked so I told Ethan he could walk too and I would meet him there. I also told him I would bring his skates and helmet so that he would not have to carry them. When they arrived at the arena Ethan was holding a helmet. When I questioned him, he informed me that it belonged to a girl in his class. He said that he wanted to hold her skates for her too but she only wanted him to carry her helmet. This little girl was also his walking partner. Now this little girl is probably the sweetest little thing however, when you first look at her you notice her appearance right away. Lets just say she is the opposite of Ethan. At that moment I looked at Ethan in a different light. My little boy is growing up so fast right in front of my eyes. His actions were so kind, thoughtful and caring. I am glad that he is mine!!
When we got home that night I talked to him a bit about it. Not about the appearance part but the fact that what he did for her was so thoughtful. I wanted him to know how proud I was and by the smile that he gave me...I think he knew!

2 Comments:

At 12:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how those two beautiful children are growing!! I almost didn't recognize them. Thank you for adding me to your blog list. I will look forward to reading them. Love, Aunt Corrine XOXO Hve a WONDERFUL Christmas. I hear you're having company and the kids can't wait for Nana!!

 
At 2:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a perfect gentleman! Doesn't it just make your heart sing when they do something so touching so innocently? Pat yourself on the back - you guys are certainly raising him well. You are a good friend Ethan!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home